My Space Updates

Never judge at first sight..

Evolution of Dance (Just because) LOL

Join the Folgers Wakin Up Club

Click on this Chicken & go to BackYardChicken Forum

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Easy Garden

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Egg Production


After a bout of starving the eggs right out of our chickens they are now laying again. The poor things were struggling to get enough nutrition from the scratch and also being moved from one pen to another while we were isolating those we thought were sick.
Back and forth we went until we got the news about what we were NOT feeding our chickens. I missed the eggs they laid, it was almost a sense of pride for the daily production, and then it had ceased. No, I thought, how can this be? Our chickens were almost right on reschedule.
I got a phone call yesterday, because I am in town for a little while, from Mary, that the chickens are back in order and laying just fine. Thank you, God, I am very pleased. I love those eggs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our chickens don't seem to be laying well either. I am trying to figure out if it is because someone is broody and hiding the eggs too well for my 9 year old, or if they are moulting.

I am glad yours are doing well. Love those farm eggs!