My Space Updates

Never judge at first sight..

Evolution of Dance (Just because) LOL

Join the Folgers Wakin Up Club

Click on this Chicken & go to BackYardChicken Forum

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Easy Garden

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How do they do that?


Did you know that chicks, just before they hatch, draw their egg yolk into their abdomen? The yolk provides the newly hatched chick with all it needs to eat & drink for over 3 days. This is why they can ship them from the hatcher to your house without any food or water.

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

That is fascinating!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me. I just love reading about your chicken adventures. I hope that before long we'll have ours as well. I am encouraged by reading about your progress!

Blessings,
Lea (MJF ~ Farmgirl Blessings)