My Space Updates

Never judge at first sight..

Evolution of Dance (Just because) LOL

Join the Folgers Wakin Up Club

Click on this Chicken & go to BackYardChicken Forum

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Easy Garden

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, June 20, 2008

4 Murdered Chickens


Last night a varmint of some kind got in one of our three pens and killed, left no sign except a few feathers, of killing four chickens in short order. Two were new, two were Australorp hens we were going to cross breed.
It looked to be a weasel, but who knows. I do know that updates to the pen are coming while the fancy hens stay their time with the Australorps.
I am saddened but determined.
I am on a different computer as mine is having major shortage problems so I have no photo's of them.
Until next news update!
Keep your chickens safe....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had this happen too.Once was Thanksgiving day when our then 7 year old discovered the sight. A goose and 4 chickens. Left dead, not even eaten.Totally uncalled for. Another one was missing. Oh the carnage. So sad. I am sorry. Australorps are very nice birds. 1/3 of our flock is Australorp. I hope whatever it was does not come back.